Digital Redemption Instructions
Instructions on how to redeem digital books through Vitalsource.
ALL DIGITAL BOOKS ARE NON-REFUNDABLE AFTER 7 DAYS.
No Exceptions can be made due to the distributor's policies.
Name of the Access Code will be located here.
Redemption Code: Your Code is located Here.
Please attend class first before redeeming any access codes.
Failure to do so may result in issues with Canvas integration involving MindTap, Connect, or MyLab courseware or result in "Invalid Access Code" errors.
Note: eReader platforms such as VitalSource and CourseSmart require you to create an account before the activation/download process may be completed.
All Digital Textbooks:
To access your Digital Book(s):
1. Navigate to https://www.vitalsource.com (You may also redeem codes through Canvas if your instructor has the Bookshelf module.)
2. Select Sign In in the top right corner of the site. You will need to register an account using your school email.
3. Once an account is registered you may redeem your code by clicking Redeem in the top right corner and entering the code you were provided.
4. Follow any on-screen instructions to finalize your redemption.
5. You may access your books anytime by returning to the bookshelf.
Do not continue with either set of steps below until you have attended class.
Digital Textbooks with Courseware: Ex: Connect, MyLabs, Launchpad,Achieve.
6. Once you have registered your book on VitalSource, click on your Bookshelf and then the book you just purchased.
7. To redeem your courseware code, click either "Reveal Access Card" or the White Computer Icon if you are hovering your mouse cursor over the book.
8. On the Popup now located on the right side of the screen, hit the continue button until you finally receive your secondary code.
9. You may be redirected to the relevant website to redeem this second code. (Cengage, McGraw Hill, Pearson, etc.) You may also redeem this second code on
whatever link your instructor has given you.
Cengage Unlimited Redemption Code
6.To find the second code needed to redeem Cengage Unlimited, go to your bookshelf on VitalSource and click on the Cengage Unlimited book within your bookshelf.
7.Once that is being displayed as your main item, click either "Reveal Access Card" or the White Computer Icon if you are hovering your mouse cursor over
the Cengage Unlimited image.
8.Follow the prompts in order to get your Cengage Unlimited Access Code which can be redeemed through Canvas or Cengage directly.
Please do not reply to this system-generated email. Visit the St. Charles Community College Bookstore site at http://bookstore.stchas.edu for contact information.
Store Operating Hours:
Tuesday: 8:00 A.M.-5:00 P.M.
Wednesday: 8:00 A.M.-5:00 P.M.
Thursday: 8:00 A.M.-5:00 P.M.