What is Course Material Access? (Formerly DDA - Direct Digital Access)
- (CMA) Course Material Access is a collaboration between your professor, the publisher and the SCC Campus Store to provide required materials automatically when you enroll in the course at a reduced cost.
- Success starts on day one! Your course materials come straight from the publisher. You benefit by having all of your required materials available to you on the first day of class with no need to search for your books or save up for a expensive book.
- The cost for CMA, Course Material Access is determined for each course that participates in the CMA Program, go to the SCC Campus Site for more info by course and section #. For your convenience use this link: http://bookstore.stchas.edu/SelectTermDept.aspx for info about your course materials.
- Savings comparison: You could find a savings of up to 75% or more on courses that are a part of the Course Material Access program when compared to a printed textbook or book bundle w/access for a similar course. This program saves you time and money, while offering you success with day one access and you don't need to stand in line at the Campus Store!
What if I don’t want to participate in the Course Material Access program?
- These materials are required for this course. If you decide you do not want to participate in this program, you may opt out through the link provided in your "Welcome Email" that you received just prior to your course starting. Please check your inbox for mySCC emails as more information will be delivered periodically. If you have questions, please contact your Instructor or the SCC Campus Store via email at StoreServices@stchas.edu. Be sure to include name, student ID number, your contact information including phone number and your questions will be answered and quickly as possible.
- If you opt out, you will not be able to access the homework assignments through CANVAS or with an access code and will be responsible for course materials on your own by the first day of class. You will also, need to check with your Instructor as to make sure you have the correct materials in order to be successful in your class.
- Please note: Standalone access codes will not work for Course Material Access specified courses. You will not be able to access lab and homework assignments through any other method. Your professor will provide specific directions or communication, as needed. Some Course Material Access Courses do have a low-cost print option available for purchase at the SCC Campus Store. The publishers provide this print option at a reduced cost for those students staying opted into the course material access program. This is what the publishers call a "loose-leaf print upgrade". The reduced cost is passed on since you have paid for the content digitally. Those students opting out of the digital content are therefore ineligible to purchase this low-cost print.
What if I want a printed copy to go along with my digital copy?
- Again some, Course Material Access courses do have a low-cost print option available for purchase at the SCC Campus Store. The publishers provide this print option at a reduced cost for those students staying opted into the program. This is what the publishers call a "loose-leaf print upgrade". The reduced cost is passed on since you have paid for the content digitally. Students opting out of the digital content are therefore ineligible to purchase this low-cost print.
How do I access my materials?
- All course materials that are a part of this program will be accessed day one through your course in CANVAS.
- Again, standalone access codes will not work for this course. You will not be able to access your course materials through any other method. Your professor will provide specific directions or communication, as needed.
Why is my student account being charged automatically?
- There is a cost for this digital service. All students enrolled in a Course Material Access program will be automatically billed on their student accounts for course materials upon registration. Unless you opt out or have dropped the course by the designated date you will be responsible for paying for these digital course materials on your student account. Designated dates will be posted on the SSC Campus Store website under the Textbooks tab and additional communications will be sent to your mySCC email account.
How and when do I pay for my Course Material Access?
- All students enrolled in this program will be automatically billed for the content on their student accounts at the point of registration. Payments must be made by the Opt-Out dates listed on the Bookstore website, which can be found under the Textbooks tab. You may pay online through SCC Connection, or in person at the SCC Cashier’s Office (ADM 1119). SFA funds may be applied if available.
What if I drop the course?
- As long as you drop the course before the end of the 100% course refund period and you have previously received a charge related to your digital course materials you will be refunded. Again, you will only receive a refund if you have drop the course before the end of the 100% refund period. See the SCC Campus Store for official dates and CANVAS notifications.