SCC Bookstore conducts a "Used Book Buyback" during finals week at the end of each semester.
SCC Bookstore will purchase used textbooks from students only when textbooks are needed to supply used book inventory for the upcoming semester.
The normal percentage paid for textbooks at the bookstore Buyback is 50%, but if the condition of the book is questionable or if it is an older edition, a lesser percentage may be equated. Unfortunately, the bookstore is unable to buy back every used textbook. If the bookstore does not buy back your textbook and the book is a current edition, an outside wholesale company may wish to offer you a price in order to repurchase your textbook.
Criteria For Buyback
- The book must be in good condition.
- Any materials that came with the book, such as CDs or DVDs, must be returned along with the book.
The Bookstore may not buy back your book if:
- The book is not being used the following semester.
- A new edition of the book is going to be used.
- There is an overstock of the book in the warehouse.
- The book is spiral-bound.
- It is a workbook or write-in-type book.
- It is a study guide or other optional purchase.
- We have reached our quota of used books for that title.
- The condition of the book is not acceptable.
Second Chance Buyback
If you missed the regular Buyback period or you were not able to sell your textbook back during the regularly scheduled time because you needed it to take your final exam, there is a second chance for student book Buyback.
For a second chance you must come in and make prior arrangements with bookstore management before your scheduled exam; see bookstore management for conditions and details.
AS OF OCTOBER 1ST, 2012 THE DAILY WHOLESALE BUYBACK WILL TEMPORARILY STOP.
PLEASE VISIT US ON FACEBOOK AS TO WHEN WE WILL START THIS PROGRAM IN THE FUTURE.
The SCC Bookstore offers Wholesale Book Buyback at specified times throughout the year.
Wholesale Buyback takes place from 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Monday-Thursday in the SCC Bookstore.
- This service is closed during end of semester Buybacks.
- Students must have their student ID to sell back any books.
- For more information call 636-922-8508.
- All transactions are subject to the SCC Bookstore's rules and procedures.
- SCC Bookstore Management reserves the right to discontinue this service at any time.