SCC Bookstore conducts a "Used Book Buyback" during finals week at the end of each semester.
SCC Bookstore will purchase used textbooks from students only when textbooks are needed to supply used book inventory for the upcoming semester.
Pertaining to textbooks repurchased by the bookstore, the percentage paid at semester end buyback can range from 10% - 50%. The percentage that is offer to the seller is based on several factors such as, condition of the book; if it is an older edition; if it is a component of a bundle; if it has been readopted by faculty as a required material; if the bookstore has reached their inventory quantities needed for the following semester; other unknown factors. Unfortunately, the bookstore may not be able to buy back every textbook. If the bookstore does not buy back your textbook and the book is a current edition, an outside wholesale company may wish to offer you a price in order to repurchase your textbook for their warehouse. The bookstore reserves the right to refuse repurchasing any textbook as it deems appropriate.
Criteria For Buyback
- The book must be in good condition.
- Any materials that came with the book, such as CDs or DVDs, must be returned along with the book.
The Bookstore may not buy back your book if:
...but bring it in anyway, we will gladly check for you
- The book is not being used the following semester.
- A new edition of the book is going to be used.
- There is an overstock of the book in the warehouse.
- The book is spiral-bound or loose-leaf.
- It is a workbook or write-in-type book.
- It is a study guide or other optional purchase.
- We have reached our quota of used books for that title.
- The condition of the book is not acceptable.
Second Chance Buyback
If you missed the regular Buyback period or you were not able to sell your textbook back during the regularly scheduled time because you needed it to take your final exam, there is a second chance for student book Buyback.
For a second chance you must come in and make prior arrangements with bookstore management before your scheduled exam; see bookstore management for conditions and details.